Government has announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services. The new fees will apply from 6 April 2014. Some fees for premium services overseas will apply from 31 March 2014 If Parliament approved.
Official expecting this increases will allow to improve customer service and enable offering optional premium services , including:
- A 3-5 day priority visa service costing £100
- A priority settlement application service for a fee of £300
- A super priority visa service for £600, which will expedite the application process to the shortest period possible;
- Appointments outside of office hours for a fee of £50; and
- Offering a passport passback service at more locations, which will be charged at £40 per applicant.
The proposals also contain a number of fee reductions and changes, including:
- reducing the fee for direct air side transit visa to £40;
- reducing sponsorship fees for Tier 2 large sponsor licenses and sponsor action plans, and freezing a number of other sponsorship fees;
- introducing a Tier 2 shortage occupations fee of £428 for applicants both overseas and in the UK;
- introducing a new 5 year Tier 2 general/ICT application; and
- changing the discount for nationals of countries that have ratified the 1961 European Social Charter to a flat rate of £55.
If you want to know more about proposed fees visit UKBA website.